Monday, December 6, 2010

Futures Point to a Flat to Slightly Lower Open...

If you have not yet read Friday's post be sure to read it today...

BMO - ES -3.00 and NQ -2.50 are slightly lower more than 90 minutes before the open and point to a flat to slightly lower open...

TLT is up 76 cents and the Euro is down 117 pips...

SNDK, CREE, X, STLD, SINA, CLF, DOW, WFMI, UNP, VMW, FLWT, CTSH, VECO, AZO, ORLY, FFIV, NETL, RIMM, DECK, USD and ADSK also broke out of horizontal resistance last week.

SPX
Resistance:, 1,220, 1,241, 1,256
Support: 1,209, 1,200, 1,190

Quoting Down - GES, POT, CMG, TBT, BA, PCP, LVS, DECK, SLB, GMCR, GS, SPG, GME, NETL, ORCL, ISRG, QGEN, LOGI, CELG, BRCM

Quoting Up - GOOG, CTSH, NFLX, WHR, TLT, WLT, RVBD, AAPL, AMZN

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning Dave,

Thanks for the Friday's post and this one. When I had followed your trading guidance, it worked for me, esp. for the horizontal breakout strategy. Will follow your listed stocks today.

God bless!

With Appreciation,
Jessica Min

Val said...

Dave - I really appreciate your straight forward approach. It helps me stick to the rules I have set making trading much more comfortable. Thanks!

Judy said...

Good morning DAVE! Just had to share the news! I reached my annual goal today. Wahooo! That either means I didn't set my goal high enough or I had a really, really great mentor. THANKS! Judy

Peggy said...

Good Morning Dave,
I appreciate your blog every day. I liked your comments on the Weekly Wrap. You showed some very good technical readings on certain sectors that made a strong case for another point of view, opposing Toms "perma bear on the market, always a contrarian" comments. It's important for all those listeners to hear the other, more technical approach, especially those newer traders. We were taught to follow the trend, not try to trade against it. So nice that you pointed those observations out.
Your fellow student and long time member of the "Dave fan-club",
Peggy

CR said...

Judy - Whoohoo and congrats on reaching your goal.


Dave thanks for your dedication to helping all of us. Fridays blog is excellent and great timing thanks

Anonymous said...

Judy, A Big Congrats! on making your yearly Goal!!!
Sooo.... when do you get "The Trophy Helicopter"?!! jus kidding...
Great Job!!!
Scott L of Nashville