Monday, December 13, 2010

Futures Are Up and Point to a Higher Open...

12:50 pm ET - Horizontal Breakouts - VECO, CLF, FCX, AMD, AKS, VMW, MA, FAS


BMO – ES +4.75 and NQ +9.50 futures are higher in pre-market trading and point to a higher open…

TLT is down 3 cents and the Euro is up 107 pips…

Checkout
BMC, CSTR, X – horizontal breakout

Setup Charts to Watch
Bull Flag Setups – CMG, ICE, RMBS, X, VECO, AIV, UCO, F, AKAM, ATI, PCP, STLD, UNG, PNC
Horizontal Breakout – WLT, HSY, VECO, AKS, NFLX, TSL, VMW, ATW, CSTR, GR, AMD, TBT, WHR, SOHU, ESI, GS

SPX
Resistance: 1,241, 1,256
Support: 1,220, 1,209, 1,200

Trading DownNFLX, MA, ESI, IPI, MYL, RIMM, CA, PAYX, TEVA

Trading UpGOOG, AAPL, BMC, MAT, VRSN, FCX, CMG, PCLN, FDX, WLT, CRM, SNDK, X, CREE, SLB, UNP, AGU, VMW, CLF, MOS, DECK, WHR, DE, CAT, LVS, PNC, AKAM, FAS, GES, WFMI, GMCR, UCO, RVBD, TSL, CF, GS, CHL, MCD, AKS, SOHU, CSTR, BA, JOYG, NTAP, AMZN, BIDU, ISRG, GENZ, WYNN, ESR, BRCM,AKAM, CTRP, APOL, WFMI, LRCX, QCOM, CMCSA, CTXS

3 comments:

maryb said...

Dave,
Thank you for this blog and a great week of training last week in the Monday night ATA and Thurs night AIT. I chatted a question in Monday night about bearish divergence I saw in the indexes and key stocks. Thanks for reminding us (me) in the Thursday night AIT about not following our (my) rules by adding additional studies not listed in our rules. I had the propensity to do this in the 4 day live in Sept and I see that I slipped up and did it again last week.

I am grateful for your consistency, perserverance and patience teaching me the rules over and over, and training me to manage my mind. As a result, last Friday I was prepared to take some trades following my rules that are profitable.

I'm also grateful for this blog I follow every day. It helps me much.

Thank you so much for your help,
Mary Burkhammer

Anonymous said...

Dave, I agree with Mary, on "all the above"!
And Thank You! for all the other details, such as, the Naz "Re-stocking" changes!!
Scott L of Nashville

Diana said...

Dave,
I listen to you every Friday and just found your blog. I can't believe how much this has significantly improved my trading habits. I don't think too many people know about this blog, you might want to let the wall st. wrap group in on the "secret blog" lol. I am so grateful, thank you.