Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Futures Pointing to a Higher Open...

BMO – ES +3 and NQ +4 futures are higher in pre-market trading pointing to a higher open. AAPL +0.92, GOOG +1.42 and BIDU +0.83are higher in pre-market trading. We wrote Tuesday morning of a potential pause in the SPX on Tuesday and that is what the market delivered. The trading did stay above Monday’s S1 at 1,054 and the trend still suggests the move will most likely continue up. So, we’ll be watching this morning for a continuation of Monday’s support bounce. Several stocks like PCLN, PWRD, FUQI, FSLR, BDK DE, JOYG, WHR and WYNN did have support bounce continuation on Tuesday. From September 16 -23 the SPX traded between 1,057 and 1,080 so this level is an area where traders are trading both sides of the market. SPX Support = 1,056 Resistance = R1 = 1,061 and 1,075 Look at these Charts… (click image to enlarge) At the Open on Wednesday SPY – QQQQ – AAPL – BIDU – GOOG – PCLN – ISRG – BDK – CAT – DOW – FLS – FWLT – WHR – X – JOYG – PCP – WYNN - AXP – BAC – FAS – SPG – STT – ZION – WLT – FUQI – PWRD – FCX – CAM – ARO – GES – FLIR – JCI – FAST – UAUA –

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Good Morning Dave,
I really appreciate your early morning posts, I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Very helpful!
Thanks for all you do everyday!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Peggy.

Dave, I don't know what I'd do without your daily posts, which have become an important component in my daily routine and in my decision making process for possible trade opportunities!

Thank you for helping to make our, and so many other's trading lives (lives) better and more prosperous..

Also something that I've heard from you, (even as far back as the last live work shop I was at of yours, 2 years ago in Dallas, TX) when you said/say; 'The most powerful trader is the trader with the most choices..'

This particular phrase has hit home with me lately because now that I am applying as much of what i learn from you to my real trading as i possibly can, the 'doing' of something comes up and one or another of the things that you keep saying to us turns into a BGO moment for me.

Then I say to myself; 'Boy, this guy Really knows what he is talking about!'

There is nothing like the seeing it, while in the doing of it, to have it all come together like that! (BGO)

This shows me that I am gaining in experience, with our ever capable crew and you at the helm.

One of these days, perhaps I could take over the helm for a short bit..

Just kidding! There will never be another guide like you- Just have to keep you on your toes every once in awhile...

Wishing you a great evening!

Laney

Gr82BaDad said...

Relying on your early morning posts at this pivotal time. Many thanks!