Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Futures Pointing to a Lower Open...

3:15 pm ET - Thanks to the amazing capabilities of modern technology...I'm sitting in an airplane waiting to take off to Atlanta, while I am posting this...with 45 minutes to go the ES, SPX, SPY and NQ are all moving up in a big way today...a good distance now from the lower open that started this day...this is why I teach overnight and pre-market futures only tell you what the open will be, not what the day will be...today is another great example of futures and the market is up...we placed two virtual trades in our AT Webcast last night for entry if the stocks moved up in the morning...both GME and BBBY were filled and have moved up nicely today...I will give you the exact numbers tonight when I arrive in Atlanta...well if you paid attention to our guidance this morning you should have been prepared to take advantage...also intermediate term traders are likely seeing your positions rebound nicely today....Remember, it is the trend that makes us money...I will stay focused...Will You? If you haven't reviewed the charts below take a close look at them and the bullish patterns they were forming early in the day.... 1:30 pm ET - The market has rallied all morning...ES, SPX, SPY and NQ are all higher...so are most stocks...check out the candle formations now... (click image to enlarge) (click image to enlarge) 9:45 am ET - Take a look at the support bounces that are occuring in early trading in our At the Open List stocks in early trading...notice the bull flag formations and the white candles that are beginning to form here in early trading... (click image to enlarge) (click image to enlarge) 9:40 am ET - Just 10 minutes into trading the ES -3 , NQ +7, SPX and SPY are rising...NQ has reversed from being down in pre-market to being positive for the morning BMO - ES - 9 and NQ - 11 futures are lower in pre-market trading pointing to a lower open. Watch key support levels this morning to see if buyers appear or if sellers maintain control. At the Open on Tuesday SPY – large black candle DECK – large black candle bull flag SNDA – large black candle, bull flag EBAY – spinning top in bull flag SCHN – black candle broke low of high day GME – hammer in bull flag SHLD – inside day close above 200 DMA ADS – black candle in bull flag STT – black candle in bull flag AG – black candle in bull flag XRT – evening star USD – confirm bearish harami URE – break low of high day WYNN – black candle break low of high day LEAP – break horizontal support and 200 DMA FAZ – whit candle break high of low day ISRG – shooting star…bearish harami

3 comments:

DeaconBlues said...

STOP THINKIN' WES!

All day today I have litterally been chanting: Trade the market... not your thoughts. TRADE THE MARKET... not your thoughts. Trade the market... NOT your thoughts!

TRADE THE MARKET... NOT YOUR THOUGHTS!

Thanks, Dave!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Dave. Phil & Judy are leaving for Atlanta shortly. My long positions took a dive on Monday, but looking at my charts helped me keep the trend in perspective and I had no trouble sleeping, although I wimped out of your trading room after midnight...

DeaconBlues said...

Dave,

I wish I'd been able to hang in last night for the entire capstone, but like "Anonymous" (Phil?) wrote earlier, I couldn't hang past midnight... the computer I use for the webcasts rebooted itself at the stroke of 12AM... maybe it was trying to tell me something?

Oh yeah... STOP THINKIN' WES!

Happy (and safe) travels...

PS - Remember, it is the trend that makes us money...I WILL stay focused... I don't even have to ask if you will!