Thursday, April 16, 2009

Futures Pointing to a Flat to Positive Open...

Watch this is an extraordinary rendition by Susan Boyle of I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables…it is also a real life example of the seemingly impossible, being possible. It just might inspire you. Click this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY Please share any observations you have by posting in the Comments section. Thank you for sharing your thoughts… BMO - ES +1 and NQ +10 are near even about an hour before the open putting to a flat to positive opening. The Nasdaq was the weakest index on Wednesday and is trading slightly stronger than the S&P in pre-market is a positive headed into Thursday morning's trading. Take a look at the over night action in these two markets. Notice the overnight low in relation to the prior low before Wednesday's low point... (click image to enlarge) (click image to enlarge) At the Open on Thursday SPY – bullish engulfing pattern DECK – large black candle bull flag pullback to diagonal support SNDA – large white candle support bounce CTSH – hammer at horizontal support and 200 DMA bounce EBAY – spinning top in bull flag SCHN – white spinning top above horizontal breakout GME – white spinning top support bounce off 200 DMA SHLD – spinning top inside day GS – white candle harami after pullback XRT – hammer in bull flag USD – dragonfly doji at 20 DMA support bounce URE – bullish engulfing support bounce off 50 DMA UYG – piercing line after one day pullback WYNN – white spinning top inside day at horizontal resistance CELG – black spinning top, potential 2nd candle in potential morning star pattern LEAP – morning star pattern support bounce off 200 DMA FAZ – large black candle

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dave:
Thanks for sharing the Susan Boyle story. I had heard about it, but not viewed it. I'm not much of a TV watcher. Very touching and motivating. To continue to sing from age 12 to 47 looking for "that" opportunity-and continuing to persevere. Also, like the audience, "don't judge a book by its cover" I found myself "guilty'.
Thank you for continue to persevere and assist me/us to have our "best" year.
I've got some work to do on myself-so off to work I go.
Thanks again.
Robert
CANI_212

fayburn said...

What a magnificant way to start the day!
Thank you Dave for sharing this with us.

Fayburn

Robert said...

practice makes PERFECT
being prepared
totally awesome

Scott Avery said...

That's a Great video. My wife had showed that to me just a day ago. She really taught the judges a lesson as to was is possible and gave them a wake up call.

Anonymous said...

Dave,

Thank you for the video, I plan on using this in my trading.

Jim E.

John Kevan said...

Great video and shows you to not judge a book by it's cover. Here's the link to Paul Potts for a few years ago, similiar situration.

Thanks Dave

Aloha John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxOytYLlhiQ

CR said...

Yesterday when my husband came home I sat him down and said you need to seee this, I had only viewed the odd thing on you tube in the past (links taht my kids saent) My husband and I sat side by side while enraptured by Susan and her complete confidence in herself. Both my husband and I had tears of pure joy in out eyes when the performance finished. The lessons: anything can happen - persistence is vital - and grat things can happen to all of us.
Chritine Rzepka

TDanna said...

Very inspiring. Brought tears of joy to my eyes too. Perseverance is key. What an amazing surprise.. Thanks Dave.

Anonymous said...

amazing!!! gave me goose bumps and tears in my eyes


sue