Friday, July 23, 2010

Just Before the Close on Friday...Coming The Shakedown Part II...

I can tell by at least one of the comments that some may have not fully understood what I was saying on Wednesday.  So, I will be back with what I will call The Shakedown Part II to clarify the difference between a "Fill the Gap" and a "Shakedown."  If you sold out after the Bernanke comments you were a victim of the "Shakedown."  The selling that filled the Gap Wednesday morning was just normal action bringing price back to Tuesday's close and was totally unrelated to the "Shakedown". 

If a "Shakedown" hadn't occurred the market could have easily closed near its open or higher on Wednesday.  It didn't.  Why?  The "Shakedown."

Now two days later, it might be sinking in why my on the road post was important.

Yesterday I flew into the future at arrived at Friday afternoon while it was about midnight depending on your time zone.  Right now the market is closing Friday afternoon and I am still in the future 5 am Saturday morning.  So, yes I can actually see the future from here...

I'll be missing the Weekly Wrap...so have a good time and let me know how it goes.  Watch for my post recapping this week's action!

4 comments:

J. Sparks said...

I don't understand and maybe you were alluding to me or not. However, with all these companies giving poor guidance or economic indicators dipping, doesn't that at least present a flag? Or is it just stick with the technicals off the chart? And I know what you keep saying about how the technicals keep doing these patterns time and again. By the way, my first name is Jack. Though I love to sing... Far from Jordan. Make me a whole bunch of money and I'll sing anything.

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I can the future too when I go to Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.

I follow my rules this week and made lots of money. I am so glad I do not listen to noise anymore.

Prasanna said...

Dear Dave:

We were pleasantly surprised to see your posting today!!
Thankyou for taking the time to write during your well deserved vacation. These days, we read your recent writings as well for establishing the support / resistance levels.

You'll be proud of us:
Yes we were ready on Tuesday.
No we were not shaken on Wed.
Closed some at target on Fri.

Best Regards,

CR said...

Enjoy your acation Dave