Friday, December 23, 2011

Futures Point to a Higher Open...Look For a Light Volume Trading Day...

Dave is on TastyTrade this morning at 9 am CT…

BMO – ES +4.25 and NQ +6.00 futures are higher 25 minutes before the open in pre-market trading and point to a higher open…volume is light for pre-market with more stocks quoting up than down…Financial stocks, XLF is up 7 cents on 177,800 shares in pre-market at this time…

TLT is down 68 cents and the Euro is up 4 pips in overnight trading…

NDX leaders AAPL, AMZN, BIDU, GOOG, PCLN and QCOM are higher…

Dave’s Insight for Friday:  flat Euro…lower bonds… Financials up…setting up a higher open …expect  a light volume trading day going into the three day Christmas weekend…markets are closed Monday, December 26 for holiday observance…the Euro continues to hold the 1.30 support area which is bullish…Follow YOUR rules for entry, exits and stops...TRADE THE TREND…

We continue looking at second chance opportunities for entry on Setups of MACD Bullish Divergence, Diagonal Breakout, Higher Lows and Higher Highs with Higher Lows…Intermediate term entries are also a go with the MF Green line turning up on Tuesday…

Chart Signals will be watching VIX to see if it stays below 25...XLF and TNX today as key factors in any SPX move…

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

SPX
Resistance: 1,249, 1,260, 1,273
Support: 1,230, 1,216, 1,205

Quoting DownTLT, FAZ, MCP, HANS, XLNX, AKAM

Quoting UpFAS, FFIV, VMW, GS, CF, SNDK, DE, NKE, SOHU, WLT, URE, IBM, UCO, CAT, CLF, SINA, V, INFA, LNKD, C, JNPR, FCX, TBT, X, GOOG, AAPL, NTAP, GOLD, FFIV, BIDU, FSLR, SNDK, NFLX, BIIB, SIAL, SBUX, ALXN, PCLN, NUAN, VOD, QCOM, GMCR, BMC, AMZN

5 comments:

Gary said...

Dave,

Thank you for your insight last night. Based on your comments, it came to light that I'm unsure of my skills and that I am not proficient enough to support my family trading at this time. The market is by far the hardest thing that I've tried to master and I can see that it may take several years of experience to be able to be a successful trader.
While I have committed alot of time to trading, the four day live seems to be pertinent to my advancement. My email to you explains why this will have to wait. I look forward to your response that will help take me to the next step.
A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!


Gary

Uwe said...

Thank you were much for everything you do Dave to make us better traders. It is still a work in progress for me, but with your help I improved a lot already. I am so lucky to have a mentor like you, who shares all his insight.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and also to everyone who follows your blog

Uwe

Dave Johnson said...

Gary,

You're welcome. However I'm afraid that Albert would be a little disappointed in me because it sounds like that I have not made your understanding "as simple as possible."

I'll look for your email and we can go from there.

Merry Christmas to you and your family also!

Dave

Dave Johnson said...

Uwe,

You're welcome and thank you.

Being a great trader is truly a process and not a destination so stay commited to doing things in the right way.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family also.

Dave

PENNY STOCK INVESTMENTS said...

Great day