Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Futures Pointing to a Lower Opening

10:40 am ET - at least for the early going...Trend wins again...support bounce rather that support break...I hope you were prepared and positioned to profit 10:00 am ET - ES took a big jump up +14 points from its open and +8 for the day... 9:56 am ET - SPX and stocks did open lower and almost immediately began to rise...SPY which open over 60 cents lower is up 14 cents...SHLD, STLD and WAB are all seeing support bounces...ADBE, EL and JOYG on the move... BMO - ES -3 and NQ -6 futures are lower in pre-market trading pointing to a lower open. The SPX and many stocks are near support this morning. Trend suggests that a support bounce is more probable, however traders must be alert for potential support break and trade in the direction of price action. Look at these charts this morning... (click image to enlarge) At the Open on Tuesday SPY – black spinning top -0.21% KOL – black spinning top +2.21% SHLD – earnings gap +10.38% ADBE – white candle +1.57% STLD – white spinning top +4.76% CTV – large white candle +14.32% EBAY – piercing line +1.22% EL – bullish harami +1.12% JOYG – bullish harami +0.07% USD – black spinning top -0.48% JNPR – white shooting star -0.51% SCHN – inverted hammer -0.56% STT – white spinning top -0.99% FAS – black candle -3.09% URE – black candle -5.34% ZION – black candle -3.12% OSG – black candle -3.01% LEAP – doji inside day in bull flag WAB – black candle at support

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I'm confused...you say trend wins again, but I cannot ignore the lower low that kicked me out of all my short term trades late last week. You must be talking about the intermediate term trend.

I'm in a quandary about when to get back in; I'm waiting for a short-term bias to exert itself one way or another (I hate working sideways trends).

Suggestions are welcome. I'll be listening.

DG

Anonymous said...

Dave, thanks to you I had my support lines drawn and stayed calm through the "price fluctuation" last week.

Judy B

Jim said...

Dave,

With all your help I finally have rules for short term, and intermediate trades. Day's like today when prepared produce excellent results. Wow!

Thank You,

Jim Ehorn

Dave Johnson said...

DG,

I'm sure nobody wants to re-read my posts of the past several weeks, but I have been very explicit in them and my webcasts that short term traders if they get out need to be prepared to get back in as soon as price begins to move back up. The pattern since the first week of March has been that short term pull backs are being quickly resolved to the upside. I don't know how long you have been reading or listening, but you have me convinced that you have not understood all I have been saying.

DJ

Dave Johnson said...

Judy B and Jim Ehorn,

Congratulations!
Sounds like you are both getting it.

DJ