Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Futures Point to a Higher Open on Wednesday...Pre-market Up A, TGT, SYF, MU, AMD, AA, KSU...



Remember to refresh your browser to see updates throughout the day…


Share Comments in the section below or email us at chartsignals@yahoo.com



Before the close Review of IC sim trade of 2500/2505 call spread 2440/2435 put spread demo...and adjustments on previous IC demo sim trades...also review of MCD MSFT, QQQ, LRCX and ADBE sim trades...posted 3:57 pm ET
© 2017

Demonstration provided for informational purposes only, not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.



2:10 pm ET - FOMC minutes are out and SPY, DIA, QQQ have rallied back near their open, VIX is remaining down...minutes were essentially a non-event like they are most of the time...MCD, LRCX, ADBE, MSFT all doing fine...MU is roaring...follow your rules...


1:52 pm ET Markets pausing heading into FOMC minutes prepare for a potential increase in volatility...vol is quiet now and if no negative surprises in the minutes look for trend to resume...


After the open Review of DIA, FOMC minutes today at 2 pm ET, trend, discussion about what constitutes a successful trade, focus on signal reduce noise, SPY, IWM, QQQ, VIX, FCX, A, CTL, TGT, FL, GPS, DLTR BBY, MU, MNST, AMAT, MCHP, AAPL, ADBE, CCL, LRCX sim trade review, sim trade spv on ADBE demo order adjustment, DIA, SPY, IWM, QQQ, VIX.  Posted 10:51 Am ET
© 2017
Demonstration provided for informational purposes only, not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.


Add Comments here

12 comments:

Fav said...

Dave. As usual you give us something that seems to be absent everywhere.
An objective technical view with no euphoria or the sky is falling views. Just the facts.
Thank you!!
In a lesser note ANET may be worth a look

Ray J said...

To view videos on an iPhone. Scroll to the bottom of the blog page and click "View web version". Then click video to load, then click triangle to play.

Dave Johnson said...

Fav...you're welcome...you're noticing the difference between signal (here) and noise (elsewhere)...thank you for sharing your observation...ANET has been a strong intermediate term trend for a while...we've looked at it over in months is some previous stock presentations and currently it is a horizontal resistance breakout setup...thanks for sharing...DJ

Dave Johnson said...

Ray J...thanks for sharing...I just tried it and it's not working on my iPhone 6S but it might work for others, good to be aware of a potential work around...as previously stated I have been able to get videos to work on my iPhone using the Puffin browser/app...thank you Ray...DJ

bhesker said...

DJ and all: Your blog video now working on my IPhone. I cannot tell you why? Because it did not before. Anyway...happy days are here on my phone as well.
Appreciate the updates, videos, and sim trades Dave.
BH

KNovak said...

Very helpful, thank you!

Dave Johnson said...

BH...that's positive...I've received a similar report today from another person...still not working on my iPhone except with Puffin...it might be what Einstein called "spooky action at a distance." :-) Thank you for sharing...DJ

Dave Johnson said...

Kathy...you're welcome...DJ

Unknown said...

Dave - I have found the daily videos invaluable in helping me have better clarity on the market. I've followed you for quite a while and I am consistly amazed how you can articulate and make sense of what is going on with Mr. Market at a level far beyond what I can discern. I hope someday it will be possible view the video in real time.

I noticed a couple of comments today about iPhones not being able to view the videos. I have an iPad Pro and prior to yesterday I could not view the videos on the iPad - I just got a revolving arrow on top the video icon. I've been checking Chartsignals with my iPad and when the new video is posted, viewing it with my laptop. Yesterday I checked for the pre-close video and absent mindedly I clicked on the video and it worked - I was about half done viewing the video before I realized it was working on the iPad... So for the last day I've been viewing them on my iPad which let's me keep the platform up on my laptop. But I had never tried viewing the videos with my iPhone 6S as was mentioned today, so I gave it a try. At first it did not work on the same videos that I could play on my iPad. But I kept trying and discovered that if I pressed the icon twice - the second time with somewhat firmer and longer pressure - the video would play on my iPhone. It's a challenge to see the charts on the iPhone but it will be handy some days.

Thanks again for all you do for the Chartsignals community. And did I mention how great real time video would be.

Unknown said...

Dave
I just tested watching the videos on my iPhone 6 and my older iPad mini. They work on both devices. Thanks to all the people above who posted they can watch on the iPhone/iPad. Mary

Dave Johnson said...

Michael...you're welcome...that's good news that the videos have started working on some iPhone and iPads...as I said earlier Einsteins "spooky action at a distance." DJ

Unknown said...

Thank you for the demonstration of the IC. I followed right along in my paper money account. Some of the concepts are seeping into my brain.