Friday, February 12, 2010

Futures Point to a Lower Open....

10:30 am ET - X is moving above Thursday's high... 10:15 am ET - after an early sell that has NOT yet created an entry signal on the SPX bear flag, prices are ralliying from this morning's low but still well below Thursday's close...all sectors are lower...advancing issues are growing...the NDX 100 which only had five positive stocks 30 minutes ago now has 16 stocks in positive territory including: RIMM, NIHD, QCOM, MRVL, NVDA, BRCM, GENZ, BIDU and STLD...X has turned positive and many stocks which opened lower and are still negative for the day are above their open and their candles have turned white.... 9:42 am ET - Apparently China hiked it deposit-reserve ratio over night in an effort to slow growth, which caught traders by surprise. Traders are selling stocks and buying dollars. The Euro is down 135 pips. SPY -1.44 is approaching the low of Thursday which is the high day in the recent bear flag and could generate an entry signal if it continues to go down. Watch for a potential bearish entry signal... BMO – ES -11.50 and NQ -19.00 futures down before the market open pointing to a lower open. AAPL -0.90, AMZN -1.19, GOOG -3.38 and BIDU -3.86 are lower in pre-market trading. The SPX which has been in a down trend for the past four weeks has been in a bear flag rally this week. After a strong up day Thursday futures point to a lower open which if pushes lower after the market opens could create and entry signal for a bear flagwe’ll see how cash markets trade. Follow your rules in any trading actions today. Be logical. SPX Support = 1,050 – 1,044 Resistance = 1,071, 1,079 At the Open on Friday SPY – QQQQ – FAS – BA – CF – DOW – UAUA – ALGT – ALTR – GMCR – SHLD – CREE – STX – ZION – STT – NTRS – DECK – ISRG – BAC – INFY – X – AAPL – AKAM – AMZN – NVDA – SNDK – BUCY – PCLN – ACN – AGU – DE – DHR – MA – PCP – POT –

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew--- another day to study support levels and be logical, an yes re entry if stops save the day. "" WHAT HAPPEN "" this market is interesting getting exciting for the bulls and bears.
Being flexible and having more choice helps.

B4bob

Anonymous said...

Dave, I missed listenening to your voice and I did not get my Dave's dose this week. I hope you had a wonderful week. I just wanted to drop this message to thank you for keeping us up to date with news on your blog. I really, really appreciate all the things you do for us traders to help us all the way. Have a "Happy Valentine's Day". Dave, you are such a special ,wonderful and lovable coach and you deserve the best. I'm so happy to have you as a mentor because you are "THE BEST". I admire you a lot and I'm hoping one day that I will become a great trader almost like you.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family. You deserve the best.

Unknown said...

Dave, thank you for the consistent feedback and guidance on market action. I too missed your voice these past few weeks and rely on the "Dave voice" in my head as I analyze charts and follow my rules. You are really "one of a kind!" I chuckled to myself this past week as I reflected back a year ago to not only the market guidance you offered traders but also the "gentle reminder" you offered the guys to not forget the wives and loved ones on Valentines Day!! Too funny!....You cover all the bases Dave! I think of you as, Dave Johnson "Master Trader and Life Coach." May you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day with your loved ones!

All the best!
Mishel

Anonymous said...

Once in a lifetime you come across a special person as "Dave Johnson" who is the most sincere, giving,and a hard working coach who gives us all the time and efforts that he has to his students to leads us to the right road to become " Great Traders". I'm one of your followers, because I want to succeed and become a "Great Trader". I look up to you with all respect, and I admire you for who you are as the 'Best COACH". A Special Coach is very rare to come across . Thanks a Billion to all your help and support. You are the "Greatest."
Have a Happy "Valentine's Day" with your Family and loved one.