Wednesday, May 7, 2008

DJIA and Nasdaq Hold Above Support, S&P Moves Below

DJIA - 206.48, -1.59% SP500 - 25.69, -1.81% NASDAQ Comp. - 44.82, -1.80% Russell 2000 - 13.58, -1.86% All four major indices pulled back sharply today. The DJIA retests its breakout and holds. The S&P falls below support in the first test of its breakout. The Nasdaq holds above support in its first test of the resistance breakout. The Russell 2000 bounces down from resistance again. Watch the price action in context of the S1, S2 and S3 levels of last Thursday’s large white candle on each index. Reversing Tuesday’s positive price action, most of the stocks in our watchlist moved lower today. Many with short-term reversal candlestick patterns. Earnings ATW – 5/9 FLR – 5/12 Today’s Action Bearish Engulfing in Uptrend BUCY, GILD At Support Still ESRX Moving Up IBM, V, MTL Moving Down FLR, ICE, BIDU, STRA, SOHU, GS, DECK, MA, PCLN, AAPL, CF, MER, MOS, LEH, CELG, AMZN, MON, CNX, MS, JASO, FSLR, MEE, CLF, FWLT, EBAY, GRMN, X Intermediate Term Market Trend: Up Short Term Market Trend: Down

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave...are you still doing the AIT class on Thursdays? Also, which trading rooms are you currently doing? I have really been missing your words of wisdom and encouragement lately. I'm really hoping that you haven't stopped doing the AIT class. That would be disastrous! Investools has alot of good instructors but there is only one Dave Johson!

Gailyn S.

Scar said...

I AGREE WITH GAILYN,I JUST SIGN UP FOR MORE TIME BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND DAVE REAL TALK. I AM HOPING ALL IS WELL. IT IS FRIDAY MORNING AND I AM CONCERN. CHERIE B

Dave Johnson said...

Yes, I got called out on a workshop at 10 am yesterday, a last minute emergency, othewise I would have been there last night.

DJ